I’m not sure about you, but some of my favourite presents over the years haven’t been things. Instead, they’ve been experiential gifts that have taught me something new, enriched my life, or given me lifelong memories.
Here are a whopping 45 of the best experience gifts you can consider when shopping for loved ones, friends, and colleagues colleagues.
Tickets to a show, game, or event.
Treat them to a day they’ll remember by taking them to a special event. Here are some ideas:
3. Theatre or play
4. Professional league sports game (NHL, MLB, NBA, etc.)
5. Minor league sports game
6. Charity gala
7. Urban scavenger hunt
See what tickets are available in your city by searching StubHub.
A meal prep kit.
One of the best ways to learn to cook is by cooking with a meal prep kit!
Some options to consider:
8. Chef’s Plate (Canada): Offers gift cards (and get 3 free plates of your own when you sign up!). Read my complete review here.
9. HelloFresh (Canada, U.S., UK): Offers the ability to gift a meal plan (U.S.), a gift card for a meal plan (Canada), and straight up gift cards (UK). Check out my detailed review.
10. BlueApron (U.S.): Offers gift cards. I haven’t tried them myself, but I’ve heard great things.
If you’re shopping for a book (or audiobook!) lover, look no further than these options.
11. Kindle Unlimited: If the person you have in mind already has a Kindle eReader, gift them a Kindle Unlimited Membership Plan so that they can unlock unlimited reading from over 1 million eBooks.
12. Audible: Do they wish they had more time to read? Consider giving them a subscription to Audible. They can listen anytime and anywhere to a wide range professionally-narrated audiobooks in many genres. Perfect if they’re looking for entertainment while at the gym, cooking, gardening, or commuting.
The gift of travel.
Travel is one of the most incredible gifts you can give!
Treat that special person to a vacation or weekend getaway. If you’re taking them on a trip and are planning on paying for the accommodations, you can often save money by booking with AirBNB or VRBO. And in many cases, you’ll have more space and a homier set up than a traditional hotel.
Plus, if you sign up through my link, you’ll get $40USD (or $45CAD) in travel credit off your first stay of $75USD (or $95CAD) or more. (If you’ve already booked with AirBNB, sign up with a secondary email address!)
14. Priority Pass
If the person you’re shopping for travels a lot for business or pleasure, gift them a better airport experience. A Priority Pass membership provides access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world. Annual membership fees start at $99, but click here to save 10%.
A class, course, or lessons.
There are so many ways to give the gift of learning! Not only does this help the recipient gain a new skill or expertise, but it can push and challenge them in a way most gifts don’t.
Here are some ideas:
16. Yoga or fitness
18. Painting (or take them to a local Paint Nite!)
21. Continuing education at a local college for an area of interest
22. Golf (or another sport)
23. Singing or music
There are tons of membership gift options perfect for anyone on your list. My post 4 Memberships You Can Share to Easily Save Money includes some of my favourites, but here are a few more.
25. Amazon Prime
27. Sam’s Club
28. Netflix (TV and movies) (Looking for some Netflix TV recommendations? Here are my top 15!
29. HuluPlus (TV and movies)
30. CraveTV (TV and movies)
31. Spotify (music)
32. Texture by Next Issue (digital platform for magazines)
33. Golf club
34. Ski resort
35. Local museum or art gallery
A monthly subscription box.
Over the past few years, it seems monthly subscription boxes are cropping up everywhere! They’re now available for a broad range of interests and categories. Here are some to check out.
While subscription boxes contain physical items, they’re more experiential than a typical gift for a few reasons. First, they often include trial-sized products, encouraging the recipient to try a new item. Second, the delivery and return method is more interactive (especially for something like Le Tote, mentioned below). And third, they come on a subscription basis making them a fun, ongoing gift to receive.
36. GLOSSYBOX: $69USD for 3 months, $135USD for 6 months, or $234 for 12 months.
37. Birchbox: $30USD for 3 months, $60USD for 6 months, or $110 for 12 months.
38. Birchbox Man: $30USD for 3 months, $60USD for 6 months, or $110 for 12 months.
39. Le Tote: The recipient will receive a “tote” of clothing and accessories that she can rent and wear for however long she’d like. Once she returns her box (with free shipping!) she can customize another one. Find all the details here.
40. FabFitFun: They offer more variety in their quarterly boxes, including lifestyle and beauty products. Find out more here.
41. Naturebox: Gift boxes range in price from $36.99USD to $204.99USD, and gift cards can be purchased in any denomination.
42. BarkBox: For dog owners.
43. KitNipBox: For cat owners.
44. MeowBox: For cat owners.
45. CAUSEBOX: Starting at $49.95USD per quarter.
Score Cash Back to Save Extra
If you’re shopping online, be sure to check cashback sites like Ebates, Ebates.ca and Giving Assistant to score some savings. My post about how cash back sites work shares the full scoop!
Did any of these suggestions catch your eye? Leave a comment below with your favourite experiential gifts!
Leave a Reply